Digi Stamps, Vintage Images, Digi Images, Image Transfers, Printables... everything for your paper crafting needs. New images and word art are posted every day.



Your "go to" blog for beauty, inspiration, digi goodness and new ideas! Serving the Digi Scrapbook and Card Makers and Journaling world for over 25 Years~!

* TIP JAR*

DONATE: Do you like what you see?, did it help you grow? Leave a little tip, to let me know. In case you would like to leave a tip to help keep all the freebies coming, safe and on one site. Thank you.





Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Sunday,


and Happy Sewing Day...
Thomas Saint patented the first design of the sewing machine in 1790 and it has since undergone many evolutions. Sewing machines used to be everyday household appliances...not so much anymore. I remember having to take a sewing class at the junior high school level. I don't think our school district even offers it anymore. Becoming a lost art?
A little sewing humor for you today, to help you celebrate...
DOWNLOAD
Enjoy~!
Paulette

26 comments:

  1. I love that, Paulette. I own a sewing machine but must admit I don't use it much anymore. I used to make all mine and my children's clothes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, if only we could all stop doing that eh?

    Hope you are having a happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH, I just LOVE this one!
    I still do sewing, have done it most of my life, and I still love it.
    I can relate to this sentiment...LOL
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you gave me this advice before I lost them. LOL! I would love to get back to sewing a quilt, but too many cards to make for the time being. Thank you, Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece of advice xD Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right about sewing becoming a lost art, at least as far as public schools go. Most school districts I know of have barely ANY home ec-type classes. It doesn't pay to become a home ec (now called Family & Consumer Education here in Wisconsin)teacher any more. Most school districts aren't hiring. However, I DO sew, thanks to my mom who taught me, and I taught all 6 of my kids. Now I hope to find time to teach the grandchildren. A couple of my daughters still sew. It'd be nice to have more time to spend sewing, however. Anyway, great word art! Thanks, Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom taught me to sew when I was about 6 years old, I guess. I used to sew alot more than I do now. Last year, I taught my oldest step daughter (12) to sew and she made her own Easter dress! Thanks for these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great saying.

    TYFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and will use it for my sewing friends...and for others who lose stuff! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last time I used my sewing machine was on a card! However, I do want to do some 'real' sewing again. Love the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks:)Loathe sewing but am forever searching those darned elusive *needles*.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great one Paulette... and very true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had the option of Home Ec when I was at high school - but of course there was no way I was going to to "waste my time" with that! What a silly girl - it would have been WAY more practical than all the maths, physics and chemistry rolled into one LOL!! Home Ec needs to be compulsory - so embarrassing when my husband has to take his mending to my mother LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah now I know why I can't find my needles lol Thank you Paulette
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Paulette this is so cute!! Just my sense of humour!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Esme x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another cutie!! Love it; thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.
Paulette