Digi Stamps, Vintage Images, Digi Images, Image Transfers, Printables... everything for your paper crafting needs. New images and word art are posted every day.


Become a Follower, over there on the left, under CRAFTING BUDDIES, for additional Exclusive Follower Goodies~!

Your "go to" blog for beauty, inspiration, digi goodness and new ideas! Serving the Digi Scrapbook and Card Makers world for over 20 Years~!

* TIP JAR*

DONATE: Do you like what you see?, did it help you grow? Leave a little tip, to let me know. In case you would like to leave a tip to help keep all the freebies coming, safe and on one site. Thank you.





Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Mixed Media Canvas Project...

I created this piece to go with some of my "winter decorations" that will be staying up for the rest of this month.  Until I decorate for Valentines Day.
My other winter decorations are light pinks and blues, so I wanted this to match.


I used a painters canvas as the medium.  
Colored scrap paper for the trees.  
The silver snowflakes were taken off I Christmas card I received.  The Blue snowflakes were elements I purchased from Michaels.
I primed the canvas, then layered it with different papers for texture....then used a texture paint for the background.  Blue and White. Stenciled on the swirlies with a gold texture paint.   I attached the trees with Mod Podge, then just outlined and shadowed everything.  There are a couple things I would have done differently, but I literally whipped this up in about 20 minutes....so I don't think it turned out too bad...lol

Paulette



12 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Very creative Paulette. Love the color and all texture.

Marion R Rivas said...

Beautiful!

Chi Cr said...

Neat!!! :)

Teresa said...

Pretty!

Marianne said...

Love the muted colour and all of the texture on you creation, Paulette.
Happy New Year!
Marianne x

Anonymous said...

just filled with awesomeness!! ...again thank you for showing us and inspiring us!!

Craftymumz Creations said...

you are getting the creative juices going! I can't wait to have my crafting space done!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

WOW!! Beautifully done and in 20 minutes?!?!

Brenda

Maxine D said...

What a fun project Paulette - and a great result
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I agree. Do you ever teach classes, you should, you know. :0)

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning Paulette.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Daffodil Cards said...

Amazingly beautiful
Faith
x